When our long-standing specialty gardening client, Aquascape, was looking to launch a new product line for mass retail, we were honored to be selected as their partner in the initiative. The Aquascape team had secured the name for this new line, Water Creations, but needed everything else. Working closely with their team, we set about defining a new position and promise for the brand that guided how we would bring the brand to mass retail markets.

  • We first focused on understanding consumers: what needs motivate or influence them toward water gardening, and what barriers demotivate them or hinder their entry into the category.
  • Through our competitive and category audit process, we identified white space opportunities - areas where competitors failed to meet consumer needs and/or failed to minimize barriers.
  • We then crafted a distinctive promise for Water Creations that allowed the brand to capitalize on identified opportunities, while at the same time leveraging Aquascape’s strong reputation and heritage to create an authentic and unbeatable “reason to believe.”
  • We created a clearly defined brand positioning that squarely placed the new brand at the intersection of 'needs met' and ‘barriers minimized,’ rooted in the promise that Water Creations delivers a full line of products, with easy instructions for easy installation, to bring the enjoyment of water gardening home to your family.
  • Finally, we developed a package design system, in-store collateral, and displays that worked together, to instill confidence in consumers and encourage purchase. Tactical design pieces within the system made it easy for consumers to: a) select the water gardening product that was right for them; b) collect all the necessary components for purchase; and c) receive guidance and education to build and care for their new water garden.
What we provided

Brand Platform
Brand Architecture
Key Messaging
Category Analysis
Verbal Strategy
Brand Identity
Visual Merchandising Design
Design Implementation

Previous Case Study
Next Case Study